This is late reporting on story that was posted on allhiphop.com in early October. Sorry for the delay.

BET network has rescinded its long-running Hip-Hop series Rap City. The move was put into effect when the final Rap City episode was aired on Oct. 29. The series was created in 1989, making it the longest running Hip-Hop program at 19 years. In its early years, the show competed directly with Yo! MTV Raps. It was able to distinguish itself from its MTV counterpart by not just concentrating on mainstream rappers, but also advocating videos and interviews from underground and up and coming artists.
It was such a shame to see it go because I myself was an avid viewer. This cancellation is a wake-up call that we have to take it upon ourselves to keep Hip-Hop alive.
P.S. Click here for the allhiphop.com "BET Cancels Rap City" article
It was such a shame to see it go because I myself was an avid viewer. This cancellation is a wake-up call that we have to take it upon ourselves to keep Hip-Hop alive.
P.S. Click here for the allhiphop.com "BET Cancels Rap City" article

1 comment:
I loved this show. It not only brought more attention to the mainstream rappers, but it also brought fame to the underground rappers. I caught on to the show only half a year ago, but even then it was entertaining.
Post a Comment